The formation, incorporation and the existence of National Teachers Insurance Limited is the end result of a thorough and investigative market research within the Papua New Guinea insurance industry market.
We believe the average Papua New Guinean worker’s needs in respect of life, medical and disability insurance as well as other general insurance covers namely property, marine and casualty (motor vehicle, liability, engineering and medical etc.) are currently not been adequately catered for, hence the establishment of National Teachers Insurance Limited (NTIL) and its subsidiary company Life Insurance Corporation (PNG) Limited (LICL).
In pursuing with its corporate plans and goals the NTIL Group’s prime objectives are to :
- Provide the best and most affordable insurance package to all Group (e.g. Associations & Welfare Funds) members a bulk of which fall into the middle income earning category.
- Enhance increased participation in the insurance industry by Group members as well as to create an opportunity for the general population to have easy access to insurance products and services.
- Promote Papua New Guineans’ interest and confidence in participating in the insurance industry.
- Enable all members and their families easy and direct access to medical claims services by the use of member identification cards to save members the trouble of lodging a claim every time medical expenses are incurred.
- Empower Papua New Guineans to manage their own funds professionally in an insurance company that they can call their own.